1996 Jeep Wrangler Owner's Manual
Sales of the 1996 Jeep Wrangler began in the spring, the car differs from the last generation from the technical part and appearance. Wrangler second generation is a compact, two-door SUV with open and closed type of body. There was a limitedly extended version of the car length of which was 4.3 meters.
The car was equipped with gasoline engines:
– The four-cylinder engine had a displacement of 2.4 liters and offered 143 or 147 hp, depending on the modification.
– The second “four” with a displacement of 2.5 liters and 118-120 hp.
– The most powerful six-cylinder unit with a displacement of 4.0 liters and 178-193 hp.
As for the steering, the 1996 Wrangler was equipped with a 5-speed automatic transmission with 3 speeds. There was all-wheel drive and a Command-Trac transfer case. A sturdy frame construction is the foundation of the entire body. Independent suspension allows to easily overcome the most difficult road conditions.
Power steering made steering much easier, the front wheels had ventilated discs, and the rear wheels had regular drums with ABS. The 1996 Wrangler was a stylish car with excellent off-road capabilities. Strong engine, safe design, excellent dynamics and ease of operation are the main advantages of the car. However, there are also disadvantages: uncomplicated interior, high fuel consumption and problematic suspension.
We also have owner's manuals for other vehicle years:
- 2023 Jeep Wrangler
- 2017 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
- 2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
- 2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
- 2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
- 1994 Jeep Wrangler
- 1995 Jeep Wrangler
- 2022 Jeep Wrangler 4xe JL
- 2021 Jeep Wrangler 4xe JL
- 2019 Jeep Wrangler JK
Ask your question on the page "Need Help"!